Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Ultimate "Surviving Pointy Toe Shoes" Tip

RoSa Cross Strap Sandal around 132.00 Euro
I absolutely LOVE me some pointy toed shoes.
EXTREME pointy toes!!
They can be pretty painful to wear, especially if you’re like me and don’t have the narrowest of feet.
Hell..
I think their painful for ANY women, narrow feet or not.
Unless of course, your into the whole Chinese Foot Binding thing then personally, I think you have bigger worries.
At any rate.. Pointy Toe shoes are really fashionably diverse. You can kick them with a dress.. slacks.. OR jeans.
Personally, I like wearing mine casually. Usually in an earth tone with jeans.
Thankfully, my husband is tall enough for me not to surpass his height even wearing 4″ heels.
My first husband was short.. so we kind of looked ridiculous but he had a major shoe fetish so if there was one GOOD thing to say about him it’s that he indulged my passion. But that’s about it.
For some reason, shoe trends have moved more towards either a rounded toe or a squared toe. I don’t like either, personally. Give me drama.. give me a statement.. give me damn extreme pointy toe shoes!!
Here are two personal pairs that I wear all the time:
Personal Collection:  by Enzo Angiolini
These are a pair of my Enzo Angiolini’s. They have a tan suede front and a chocolate brown ankle strap that criss-crosses across the front of my foot and secures through a ring and holds with a simple peg.
I’ve had these shoes for about.. um.. six years? Seven maybe? and they are my ABSOLUTE favorite.
Their sole is really flexible and honestly, there were days when I had them on for 8 or 9 hours straight and it felt like I was wearing nothing.
Definitely the GO-TO shoe!
I think I paid around 80.00 for them then at Macy’s.
Personal Collection: by Miss Me
The picture of the black pair really doesn’t do them justice. By any means.
These are black suede ankle straps with a silver buckle on the toe and a silver medal here by Miss Me.
I think I picked them up for something ridiculous like 15.00 at BareFeet.
NOTEBareFeet is a great place to get shoes. Not only are they on the inexpensive end but when it’s time to update their stock, they’re sales are RIDICULOUS!!
These pair also have a really flexible sole but the heel is about half the width of the Enzo’s.
Still faboosh, though! I call them my Shiver Your Timbers heels!!
Anyway.. I think I kept you in suspense long enough.
The secret is really very simple. Buy them either a half size or full size bigger then what you normally wear. This seats the balls of your feet differently and allows ample room for the piggies.

0 Sharing The Love:

Post a Comment

It's All About The Shoes © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!