Friday, November 19, 2010

Why Yes, I Happen To DO Own A Pair Of These...

Emu Australian Shearling Book
$127.00 at Endless.Com
I'll be the first one to admit that I scoffed my nose at the whole UGG phenomenon.

.. and you REALLY don't want to know how I reacted when FUGGS started popping up all over the place.

But right after Christmas last year, I was shopping with my cousin and I happen to come across these very same boots at an impossible discount.

My coupon-clipping cousin had even MORE discount coupons and we calculated the total cost for THESE boots would be $3.00.

You read that right.

Three one dollar bills.. or 12 quarters or 30 dimes or 60 nickels or 300 pennies.

And even thought I've spend years making fun of this style, I couldn't POSSIBLE resist spending 3 bucks for them.

What kind of shoe whore would I be if I let this opportunity pass on by?

They sat in my closet until last month when I put on a pair of new jeans and hadn't realized how "skinny" they were. Now, I have a size 16 ass and jeans that taper down tight to the ankle really should be considered a felony. So what to do?

I tried on a few knee high boots but the jeans were bagging at the knee .. ankle boots looked weird and it was way too cold for flip flops.

Then I remembered the boots. Because they laced up, I could adjust them so that my jeans didn't bunch up and had the option of leaving the upper two eye holes empty and folding the tops down like a cuff. I have to say it looked really, really cute.

I was surprised at how warm they were (in fact, I no longer wear socks when I have them on) and they were so damn comfortable that they've become my go-to boot when I have a lot of running around to do. A quick coat of water proofing spray keep the suede dry and spot free.

It's a win-win.

And come on... THREE BUCKS???? Can't beat it with a stick!!

0 Sharing The Love:

Post a Comment

It's All About The Shoes © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!