Friday, November 19, 2010

4am Shoe Crawl: Winter Boots

... so usually when I can't sleep and there isn't anything else to keep me entertained ( books finished, bad tv, sleeping husband ), I go virtual shoe shopping.

Only this time, I really did need to shop because winter is here and I need a new pair of boots. Let's not split hairs on the word "need", ok?

Chooka Rain Boot
$65.99 at Endless.Com
I was looking for something like this -->

I really like Chooka. Never had any issue with size or comfort and while I needed something functional I also wanted something with a little bit of style.

Since snow is always a factor here, I knew that these wouldn't be the warmest of the warm but the plan was to buy a size bigger so I could wear thicker socks.

It's worked before so I had no issue and was justhisclose to ordering them when that well heeled devil on my shoulder whispered click the next button!

And as much as I pleaded with myself NOT to click the next button.. telling myself that nothing good EVER comes from clicking the next button.

I did.

I clicked it.

DSquared2 Panzer Boots
$1092.00 at Endless.Com
And found these all purpose weather creations.

Ok.. so the caffeine is getting to me but really, for a stiletto whore like me you can't ask for anything more in a winter boot.

Water proof, right?
Ringed eyelets, right?
Nubby sole to prevent slipping, right?
Bright red shoelaces in case of an emergency, right?

Ok..

So the red shoe laces are stretching it a bit.. but considering that I had a pair of stiletto Timberlands ( Hello Jenny From The Block! ) .. did you really think I wouldn't fall completely in love with them?

But I knew that wearing them in a coffin after my husband killed me because of the price tag wouldn't do them justice so reluctantly, I continued my search.
These look warm, don't they?

Rock & Republic Darcey
$395.00 at Endless.Com
These look warm, don't they? Sure they do.

But you know me.. can't resist anything with buckles, studs and a heel skinnier then a french fry. And really, how much snow does anyone really think I'm going to be walking in anyway?

Isn't that one of the perks of having step sons?

Hand them a shovel and tell them to make a path from the door to the car?

And if I can't drive what the hell would I be doing with shoes on anyway?

But then I thought that suppose I was driving and the car broke down and I had to walk somewhere that wasn't shoveled by step sons?

This is why I need to lay off the caffeine and go to bed earlier! Do you really think I'm kidding?? LOL!!

Dolce Vita Josh Shearling
$89.50 at Endless.Com

I settled on these.

For a variety of reasons:

1. They have buckles
2. They have a nobby sole
3. They have a thicker stacked heel for more stability
4. They are lined with warm stuff
5. They were only $89.50 with free shipping
6. My youngest step son is named Josh so it was like karma or something!!

Now I can go to sleep.

But I won't be able to because I'll be anticipating that box being delivered..

Damn, it's worse then Christmas!!

0 Sharing The Love:

Post a Comment

It's All About The Shoes © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!